Terms and Conditions
Birdline UK Ltd Parrot Rescue
- Registered Charity 1125030
- Head Office: 49 Reed Avenue, Canterbury, Kent. CT11ES.
- Tel: 0845 643 1785.
- E-mail: Enquiry2@Birdline.org.uk
- Website: www.birdline.co.uk – Birdline.co.uk – Parrot-Rescue.org.uk
All information provided on the online or paper based application forms remains confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1998.
By buying the online Birdline membership, I understand that I will become a member of Birdline UK Parrot Rescue and will hereby be bound by the terms and conditions of membership, which I have read below. I also confirm that I am over 18 years old. I may cancel at any time, and become subject to the conditions in section 13 with regards lapsed members.
GDPR – I agree to Birdline using and keeping my registration details in relation to any membership, re-homing or safe housing applications, and contact in relation to the charity’s business only.
Birdline UK Ltd – Membership Terms and Conditions
- Birdline UK Ltd (herewith known as the Organisation) sets out these terms and conditions of membership of the aforesaid Organisation, and requires all members to comply with these terms and conditions, or face summary removal of membership from the Organisation with associated loss of facilities that are available to members.
- Those applying for membership of the Organisation must be residents of the United Kingdom, or any other country the Organisation declares as appropriate, who are at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Those applying for birds must be resident in Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales).
- Full recurring membership of the Organisation applied for online renews annually on submission of a completed online subscription, together with payment of the annual subscription fee of twenty five pounds sterling to the Organisation per annum. Annual membership must be renewed online, together with the aforementioned payment.
- PayPal is the payment method used. Cheques can be sent to the head office.
- Paper based application forms and cheques may be posted to our head office.
- Membership is applied for, and granted, on a household basis with one named person (the applicant) as the named contact with the Organisation for all correspondence.
- Membership and membership fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full membership, where approved by the Organisation, provides the member with: a) a no-fee parrot-care advice service for the duration of membership being valid, b) the opportunity to apply for safehousing or fostering of a Birdline bird, c) access to members only documents, Facebook community group and contacts within the Organisation.
- The Organisation reserves the right to re-home birds with members it deems most appropriate.
- Membership of Birdline UK Ltd does not automatically entitle its members to re-home any bird in the Organisation’s care.
- Membership of the Organisation will automatically lapse if the conditions in 2 or 3 above have not been met within one calendar month of the renewal date.
- The Organisation reserves the right to rescind any membership at any time where the conditions set out herein are not met, or where:
• the actions of the member brings the Organisation or it’s reputation into disrepute;
• proof, that is not refuted by the member accused, of abuse of birds is provided to the Organisation. In any such cases, the Organisation’s decision will be final.
- Any lapsed member, or member having membership rescinded, will not be eligible to re-home Birdline birds. As such, any Birdline birds resident with any ex-member will be immediately removed back into the Organisation’s care.
Please complete all parts of the online application. Incomplete information will result in refusal of membership.
If you do not have access to the internet, please send an SAE to
Postal Memberships, 49 Reed Avenue, Canterbury, Kent. CT11ES.
This terms and conditions page may be printed and kept by the applicant, or can be referred to at any time on the “Join Us” page, which is open to the public.